It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the 13th International Workshop on Positron and Positronium Chemistry (PPC-13). The workshop will be held during 25 to 30 October 2020 in Kanazawa, Japan, actually 30th anniversary from the first PPC-3 held in 1990.
The scope of the meeting follows previous workshops, namely,
- Fundamental aspects of positron and Ps chemistry (interaction of positron and Ps with atoms, molecules or solid matter, Ps formation etc.)
- Positron chemistry for antimatter (antihydrogen, Ps, etc.) production
- Theoretical and computational chemistry for positron and Ps species
- Polymers and soft matter
- Liquids and multiphase systems
- Surfaces, interfaces, membranes and layered structures
- Porous materials, nanostructured and confined systems
- Materials for industrial applications (nuclear, hydrogen energy technology etc.)
- Other non-metallic solids
- Biological and medical applications of positron and Ps (e.g. Positron Emission Tomography)
- Advances in experimental techniques, including positron beams
INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
- A. Alam (UK) Chair
- M. Butterling (Germany)
- G. Consolati (Italy)
- C.Q. He (China)
- K. Ito (Japan) Secretary
- J. Kuriplach (Czech Republic)
- H.F.M. Mohamed (Egypt)
- Y. Nagashima (Japan)
- O. Šauša (Slovakia)
- D.M. Schrader (USA) Emeritus
- F. Selim (USA)
- S.V. Stepanov (Russia)
- K. Sudarshan (India)
- R. Zaleski (Poland)
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Tetsuya Hirade (JAEA, Japan) Chair
- Yasuyuki Nagashima (Tokyo Sci. Univ., Japan) co-Chair
- Masanori Fujinami (Chiba Univ., Japan) Satellite positron school
- Kenji Ito (AIST, Japan) Secretariat
- Brian O'Rourke (AIST, Japan) Proceedings
- Toshitaka Oka (JAEA, Japan) Publicity
- Masanori Tachikawa (Yokohoma City Univ., Japan)
- Kiminori Sato (Tokyo Gakugei Univ., Japan)
- Nagayasu Oshima (AIST, Japan)
- Koji Michishio (AIST, Japan)
- Luca Chiari (Chiba Univ., Japan) Satellite positron school
- Yoshinori Kobayashi (Waseda Univ., Japan) Emeritus
The workshop will be held at the Kanazawa Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the downtown area of Kanazawa, Japan.
- 1st announcement: October 15, 2019
- Call for abstract: March 1, 2020
- Deadline for abstract submission: June 30, 2020
- Deadline for early bird registration: June 30, 2020
- Final announcement: October 1, 2020
- Workshop period: October 25 to 30, 2020
- Deadline for submission of manuscripts: November 15, 2020
Workshop registration will open about March 2020.
The workshop proceedings is planed publishing in the Journal of Physics: Conference Series (IOP conference series).
- At the begining (From the preface of PPC-3)
The first PPC, that is, PPC-3 was convinced at ICPA-8 (Gent, Belgium, 1988) by several chemists and chemically oriented physicists, who met informally at dinner. Their feeling evolved in the conversation that three years between the triennial ICPA meetings is too long for the "rapidly" developing field at that time. Accordingly, it was decided to start a series of chemical meetings timed to come between the ICPA meetings.
It was realized that two previous meetings,
1. A positron workshop organized by H. J. Ache and D. M. Schrader in Blackburg, Virginia in 1979,
2. International Symposium on Positron Annihilation Studies of Fluids, organized by S. C. Sharma in Arlington, Texas in 1987,
could be interpreted as precursors, hence the "3" in PPC-3.
- History of PPC
- A positron workshop organized by H. J. Ache and D. M. Schrader in Blackburg, Virginia in 1979.
Prceedings: not published, besides, some papers are included in Positron and Positronium Chemistry, edited by D. M. Schrader and Y. C. Jean, Elsevier, 1988. (ISBN-13: 978-0444430090)
- International Symposium on Positron Annihilation Studies of Fluids, organized by S. C. Sharma in Arlington, Texas in 1987.
Prceedings: same title, World Scientific (ISBN-13: 978-9971504724)
- Organized by Y. C. Jean and D. M. Schrader in Milwaukee, July 16-18 1990.
Prceedings: same title, World Scientific
- Organized by J. Ch. Abbe in Le Mont Sainte-Odile, France, June 20-24 1993.
Prceedings: J. Phys. IV France, vol.3, no C4 (1993)
- Organized by B. Lévay in Lillafüred, Hungary, June 9-14 1996.
Prceedings: J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., vol.210, no2 (1996)
- Organized by Y. Ito in Tsukuba, Japan, June 7-11 1999.
Prceedings: Radiat. Phys. Chem., vol.58, no5-6 (2000)
- Organized by J. Xu in Knoxville, USA, July 14-19 2002.
Prceedings: Radiat. Phys. Chem., vol.68, no3-4 (2003)
- Organized by A. P. D. Lima in Coimbra, Portugal, September 4-9 2005.
Prceedings: Radiat. Phys. Chem., vol.76, issue2 (2007)
- Organized by S. J. Wang in Wuhan, China, May 11-15 2008.
Prceedings: Mater. Sci. Forum, vol.607 (2009)
- Organized by J. Kritiak in the Smolenice Castle, Slovakia, September 5-9 2011.
Prceedings: Mater. Sci. Forum, vol.733 (2012)
- Organized by P. K. Pujari in Goa, India, November 9-14 2014.
Prceedings: J. Phys: Conf. Ser., vol.618, no.1 (2015)
- Organized by R. Zaleski in Lublin, Poland, August 28-September 1 2017.
Prceedings: Acta Physica Polonica A, vol.132, no5 (2017)