- From the LOC
PPC13 (on-site conference) will be held in Kanazawa Japan from October 27, 2024.
Further details will be announced soon.
- Welcome to PPC13
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the 13th International Workshop on Positron and Positronium Chemistry (PPC13). The workshop will be held from 27th October to 1st November 2024 in Kanazawa, Japan, actually 30(+4)-years anniversary from the first PPC.
The workshop is intended to bring together scientists and researchers interested in studying various aspects of positron and positronium chemistry and to report on recent progress, achievements as well as on novel experimental and theoretical methods in this field. The primary scope of the meeting is the direct exchange of that information concerning various research disciplines specified bellow.
- Fundamental aspects of positron and Ps chemistry (interaction of positron and Ps with atoms, molecules or solid matter, Ps formation etc.)
- Positron chemistry for antimatter (antihydrogen, Ps, etc.) production
- Theoretical and computational chemistry for positron and Ps species
- Polymers and soft matter
- Liquids and multiphase systems
- Surfaces, interfaces, membranes and layered structures
- Porous materials, nanostructured and confined systems
- Materials for industrial applications (nuclear, hydrogen energy technology etc.)
- Other non-metallic solids
- Biological and medical applications of positron and Ps (e.g. Positron Emission Tomography)
- Advances in experimental techniques, including positron beams
- INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
- A. Alam (UK) Chair
- M. Butterling (Germany)
- G. Consolati (Italy)
- C.Q. He (China)
- K. Ito (Japan) Secretary
- J. Kuriplach (Czech Republic)
- H.F.M. Mohamed (Egypt)
- Y. Nagashima (Japan)
- O. Šauša (Slovakia)
- D.M. Schrader (USA) Emeritus
- F. Selim (USA)
- S.V. Stepanov (Russia)
- K. Sudarshan (India)
- R. Zaleski (Poland)
- LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Tetsuya Hirade (JAEA, Japan) Chair
- Yasuyuki Nagashima (Tokyo Sci. Univ., Japan) co-Chair
- Kenji Ito (AIST, Japan) Secretariat
- Masanori Fujinami (Chiba Univ., Japan)
- Brian O'Rourke (AIST, Japan) Proceedings
- Toshitaka Oka (JAEA, Japan) Publicity
- Masanori Tachikawa (Yokohoma City Univ., Japan)
- Kiminori Sato (Tokyo Gakugei Univ., Japan)
- Nagayasu Oshima (AIST, Japan)
- Koji Michishio (AIST, Japan)
- Luca Chiari (Chiba Univ., Japan)
- Yugo Nagata (Tokyo Sci. Univ., Japan)
- Yoshinori Kobayashi (Waseda Univ., Japan) Emeritus
The workshop will be held at the Kanazawa Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the downtown area of Kanazawa, Japan, accessible by Shinkansen from Tokyo, as well as by domestic and international flights from Haneda, Narita, Fukuoka, Seoul, Shanghai, Taipei and Hong Kong.
- Important dates
- 1st announcement: October, 2023
- Call for abstract: announced later
- Deadline for abstract submission: announced later
- Deadline for early bird registration: announced later
- Final announcement: announced later
- Workshop period: announced later
- Deadline for submission of manuscripts: announced later
Workshop registration will open around March 2024.
It will be planned to publish the workshop proceedings.
1st announcement published later
- At the begining (From the preface of PPC-3)
The first PPC, that is, PPC-3 was convinced at ICPA-8 (Gent, Belgium, 1988) by several chemists and chemically oriented physicists, who met informally at dinner. Their feeling evolved in the conversation that three years between the triennial ICPA meetings is too long for the "rapidly" developing field at that time. Accordingly, it was decided to start a series of chemical meetings timed to come between the ICPA meetings.
It was realized that two previous meetings,
1. A positron workshop organized by H. J. Ache and D. M. Schrader in Blackburg, Virginia in 1979,
2. International Symposium on Positron Annihilation Studies of Fluids, organized by S. C. Sharma in Arlington, Texas in 1987,
could be interpreted as precursors, hence the "3" in PPC-3.
- History of PPC
- A positron workshop organized by H. J. Ache and D. M. Schrader in Blackburg, Virginia in 1979.
Prceedings: not published, besides, some papers are included in Positron and Positronium Chemistry, edited by D. M. Schrader and Y. C. Jean, Elsevier, 1988. (ISBN-13: 978-0444430090)
- International Symposium on Positron Annihilation Studies of Fluids, organized by S. C. Sharma in Arlington, Texas in 1987.
Prceedings: same title, World Scientific (ISBN-13: 978-9971504724)
- Organized by Y. C. Jean and D. M. Schrader in Milwaukee, July 16-18 1990.
Prceedings: same title, World Scientific
- Organized by J. Ch. Abbe in Le Mont Sainte-Odile, France, June 20-24 1993.
Prceedings: J. Phys. IV France, vol.3, no C4 (1993)
- Organized by B. Lévay in Lillafüred, Hungary, June 9-14 1996.
Prceedings: J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., vol.210, no2 (1996)
- Organized by Y. Ito in Tsukuba, Japan, June 7-11 1999.
Prceedings: Radiat. Phys. Chem., vol.58, no5-6 (2000)
- Organized by J. Xu in Knoxville, USA, July 14-19 2002.
Prceedings: Radiat. Phys. Chem., vol.68, no3-4 (2003)
- Organized by A. P. D. Lima in Coimbra, Portugal, September 4-9 2005.
Prceedings: Radiat. Phys. Chem., vol.76, issue2 (2007)
- Organized by S. J. Wang in Wuhan, China, May 11-15 2008.
Prceedings: Mater. Sci. Forum, vol.607 (2009)
- Organized by J. Kritiak in the Smolenice Castle, Slovakia, September 5-9 2011.
Prceedings: Mater. Sci. Forum, vol.733 (2012)
- Organized by P. K. Pujari in Goa, India, November 9-14 2014.
Prceedings: J. Phys: Conf. Ser., vol.618, no.1 (2015)
- Organized by R. Zaleski in Lublin, Poland, August 28-September 1 2017.
Prceedings: Acta Physica Polonica A, vol.132, no5 (2017)
- Another PPC
- "12.5" held online, Organized by R. Zaleski, August 30-September 3 2021.